Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Georgia, Virginia, Maryland, and Back!

DSC_0049
A few months ago, Ryan Adams announced that he would tour the east coast and I had the brilliant idea to roadtrip to his gig in Baltimore. My BEST FRIEND FOREVER Amber lives in Williamsburg, Virginia, three hours from Baltimore, and I could just meet her at her place, then take off for another state. Amber and I both love Ryan Adams and this is a wonderful reason to get together, especially since we haven't see each other in over a year. 

2011-12-04_13-30-45_860
The Baltimore Museum of Art. I was so excited to see so many well known artworks in one place! Gauguin,  Klimt, Matisse, Picasso, Miro, O'keeffe and more and more! 


2011-12-04_14-07-34_43
Rodin's The Thinker, just a'thinkin' away!

DSC_0035
We visited Edgar Allen Poe's grave. We almost passed it because we didn't expect it to be right in the middle of the city.

MORE PHOTOS AFTER THE BREAK!

DSC_0026

DSC_0027

DSC_0045

DSC_0051
The hallway outside our hotel room was very interesting. I had to get a photo of it. 

2011-12-04_21-05-09_689
Here's our darling Ryan Adams. He played an amazing set, just him, two guitars, and a piano. A wonderful end to our fun adventure. I wanted to hang out by the tour bus all night to get a chance to meet my favorite musician but we had to get back on the road so I wouldn't miss my flight. 

Visited but not photographed: Atomic Books (my zine lovin' heart was very happy!), Aloha Bar (Made a new bartender friend!), Timbuktu Restaurant (we overheard someone sing "Wing Beneath My Wings"), and various coffee places so I could get a caffeine fix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...