Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Little Dancer of Fourteen Years Mural

Little Dancer of Fourteen Years Mural
All in all, I think she took about 8-10 hours. I couldn't work longer than 2 hours at a time because standing on a ladder and painting really took its toll on me.

But she's done and I couldn't be more excited to show her off! My assignment was to take Edgar Degas' Little Dancer of Fourteen Years, make her outfit pink, and paint her on the wall. And here you go, a pretty mural for the local dance studio. She's about 9 feet tall and her dress is about 3 feet wide. 

I used acrylic paints mixed with a little Polycrylic to help it stick to the wall. You can't see it in the photo, but the tutu is covered in tiny pink glitter. I used Martha Stewart Living Glitter Specialty Finish and it's beautiful. I also used the metallic finish on the girl's body but thinned it down 50% with Polycrylic

I'm starting another mural in the dance studio next week. Can't wait to show it off!

I also took a picture of my supplies:
Supplies
A big mess, I tell ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...