Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Let's Be Honest

Ok, I admit, I feel like I've hit some sort of slump lately. I don't know if it's due to the weather (snowed in for three days last week, now two days of dreary, rainy skies), or just general laziness, but I just cannot get out from under my Snuggie to make some art. I've been running errands this morning, and sat down for a bit to read, but still no art-making. I have several things to do this evening so I know I won't be able to get down to the studio tonight. Perhaps, there's always tomorrow? And tomorrow? And tomorrow?

I've decided that I will enroll in an ecourse: Get Your Paint On: A Five Week Painting Class with Lisa Congdon and Mati McDonough from January 31 to March 4, 2011.
Click the link for more info!


I've adored Lisa Congdon's work for awhile, and have some of her prints around my station at the tattoo shop. After looking at Mati's work, I'm feeling inspired to paint again (just have to find the time!). I'm pretty sure this course will help get into the swing of things! I've actually deemed this year to be the year of Work, and by golly, I need to do some work! Artwork, that is!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes you need the break to recharge your creativity! Don't stress about it too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Brittani: Thanks! :) I always feel so lazy and unproductive when I don't have a project to work on.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...