Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Viva Las Vegas!

The mission: a Welcome to Las Vegas sign, as large as possible, using sheets of foamcore insulation, sharpies, colored duct tape, and primer paint.
Vegas Sign 1
The reference and duct tape.

Vegas Sign 2
8 feet wide. I don't know how tall it was.

Vegas Sign 3
I decided to use Sharpies instead of painting the letters because I needed everything to be bright, bold, and crisp. Painting the letters would've taken too long. I had already procrastinated enough on this project. Here, it's about 2 hours before it's due.

Vegas Sign 4
Here's where a friend said, "Did you spell fabulous right?" and my heart skipped a beat.

Vegas Sign 5
& here it is in action. There are a couple of things I'd change, but I'm generally happy with it. It was definitely a learning experience. One of the lessons I learned was: use a yardstick, bygolly! Also: don't procrastinate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...