Wednesday, May 26, 2010

On My Desk Wednesday

Remember the birdhouses my dad made? Well, after plenty of painting, sanding, painting over, thinking, more painting, and glossing here's what the smaller one looks like:

The Front

One of my favorite color combinations is blue and brown. Especially, a light blue and a chocolate brown. Pretty, pretty! The design around the opening and on the back are inspired by henna designs, which I've been doodling a lot lately. This birdhouse wasn't built in a way that you can open it up and clean it out every season, so I think it's better as a decorative piece.

What have I learned while painting this? Well, first I should decide exactly how I want it painted before starting to paint it. Second, power sanders are AWESOME!

View more images on Flickr: Birdhouses (Set)

Edited to add:
In the Morning Sun - Frontside


The sun is so pretty this morning. And the grass is so green.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...