Saturday, June 02, 2007

Smoke & Art

Yesterday we drove to Fort Valley, Georgia to hang my newest work at the C.W. Pettigrew Farm and Community Life Center at Fort Valley State University. Due to the wildfires almost 200 miles away in southern Georgia , the usually scenic ride was very smokey.


We could barely see a mile ahead of us. We spent most of the ride hoping for a nice, small hurricane to come and drench the poor, dry south. I wanted to stop by a strawberry field to pick berries & take photos but we decided it was too smokey to be outside.

Well, we finally made it to Fort Valley & to my surprise the Center was ENORMOUS! I only had 17 medium to small pieces, so there was no way I was to fill the space. The lady who helped me was very nice and cheerful and I'm very grateful for this opportunity but I've definitely learned my lesson to visit the space before agreeing to hang my work!

I really did the best I could & you know, my work looked great when I hung it all up so I didn't feel too bad.


I could've easily put 50 pieces in that space!

This has definitely been a learning experience and I do feel inspired to keep on keeping on as an artist. Next, I'd like to display my work in Athens, Georgia. Or maybe even the big, big city of Atlanta!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...