Saturday, June 30, 2007

Sweet Home Alabama


We just came home from a two day trip to Alabama to visit a friend that'll be moving much farther away soon. I just love summer roadtrips, don't you? We visited the U.S. Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, had a free dinner at Applebee's (we mentioned the lack of service to the manager and he gave us the meal for free), and wandered around a cornfield taking photos. I mean, what else is there to do in Alabama, right? :)
Daniel took the photo above and also took this great shot of our Mazzy.

Mazzy & Slumbers, In the Wind

I've entered a photo contest about the Rural South and thought it was a great idea to crawl into the cornfield and take the photo below. I'll find out in August if I've made it or not.

Drought, Cornfield

Speaking of Mazzy and photo contests, how about you vote for my photo to be published in the next issue of JPG magazine. It's a wonderful, inspiring magazine and I would love to be a part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...