Tuesday, May 29, 2007

In The Zone

Tonight I re-started on one of my projects: a portrait of a friend. He commisioned it from me back in March or early April and I'm just now starting to work on it. I know, I'm a bit of a procrastinator. I usually don't look forward to commissions because sometimes they can be draining, emotionally and physically. I worry that the person won't like it and when I stress too much about projects I tend to just put them away. Then I worry about making my client wait too long. See? Stressful.
Anyway, tonight after painting over what I had before, I felt "in the zone" and continued working on the layout and the first layer of paint. I'm pleased with the results so far. I feel like I can just add a few details, fix a couple of things and I'll be done.


I ordered postcards from VistaPrint.com for my upcoming show. I am so happy with the results! They came out wonderfully! And so quickly! So far, I've mailed out half of them. I don't know what I'm doing with the rest...maybe just displaying them with my work? Yeah, I think I'll do that.
Oh, and another thing that's got me pleased: last week I bought tickets to fly to Michigan to visit family in July. I'm so excited! Hooray, vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...