Monday, August 23, 2010

On My Desk

My last project  didn't go as quite as planned. This screenprinting thing is full of trial and error, and well, I decided to take a vacation from it for awhile. I still liked my heart drawing and so created a papercut of it.

On My Desk
All in all, I spent about 2 hours cutting out all the details and erasing my pencil marks. Then I had to figure out how to display it. I didn't want to just mount it on a piece of paper. I wanted to do something different.

On My Desk
I found a wood panel at the local supermarket and used matte Mod Podge to affix the papercut to the surface. I thought about painting the panel with acrylic paints but I liked the wood grain behind the papercut better. This little project isn't finished yet, there's still little details I'd like to add.

I've been a bit obsessed with papercuts. I especially love Rob Ryan and Nikki McClure. They are amazing artists, and definitely patient with this papercut artform. I wonder how they keep their fingers and wrists from hurting after such huge projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...