Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday Mail Call & Other Awesome Things

I've been so excited to get my latest Amazon order in the mail: Ray LaMontagne's newest release and the new Creative, Inc. I've read the first few pages of Creative, Inc and I can already tell that this is going to be an amazing resource for me. I need all the help I can get when it comes to the whole supporting-yourself-with-freelancing idea. In 2011, I want to focus a lot on becoming an "official" freelancer. As for the new music, oh man, it's a beautiful record. Ray LaMontagne can do no wrong.

I've recently joined my local CSA and got to pick up my first quarter-share of produce on Saturday. Look at all that loot! Potatoes, pears, tomatoes, gala apples, kale, peaches, green apples....NOM NOM NOM. I expecially LOVE the peaches since they're never right at the grocery store (I like 'em a little squishy).

Remember when we raised our own butterflies? Well, looks like we've been hosting more butterfly beauty lately. We noticed a bunch of caterpillars in our holly bush just chomping away at the ivy that was growing around it. Daniel meant to get rid of the ivy sooner but didn't touch it after discovering the caterpillars. Soon most of the ivy was gone, and we noticed several chrysalis hanging around the carport and our front porch.

Then we notice some of them were unoccupied, and others were still waiting for a butterfly to emerge. Just this morning I said, "Well, maybe they've died?" We made sad faces and went ahead with our day. Then around lunch, as Daniel walked in the door from running errands, he says, "LOOK!" Two new butterflies had emerged. Of course, I take lots of pictures and we stare in awe at these amazing critters. Later this afternoon, another one hatched and Mazzy was able to see it up close.

Looks like Mother Nature and the Mailman have been good to us these past few days. I hope the rest of the week continues to be just as awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...