Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Painting on Walls: The Southern Pooch!

As a small town artist, I get asked to do a variety of things. My last project of 2014 was painting a large dog on the side of a building. I was super excited to accept this challenge!

The Southern Pooch, Thomaston, Georgia
I didn't design the logo. I only put it on the wall.
This is the first afternoon. I was sure that I could wrap this up in a day or two, but I was totally, totally wrong. Painting on concrete walls is tedious work!

The Southern Pooch, Thomaston, Georgia
Ok, I admit: I had a bit of a bratty artist moment after this afternoon. It was taking longer than I thought and I couldn't even reach the top of the dog's head with my small step-ladder. I berated myself for not knowing what I was doing. But this was the first mural I've painted in a very long time...so surely there's a learning curve, right?

The Southern Pooch, Thomaston, Georgia
Rainy weather set me back a few more days, but it was enough time to get my head straight and back in the game. My dad gave me one of his ladders and it helped out tremendously.

The Southern Pooch, Thomaston, Georgia
And it all came together in the end! I'm super proud of this!

The Southern Pooch, Thomaston, Georgia
I added little footprints on the other side. While I was painting I had several people stop and ask for my business card. So perhaps I'll be painting more murals soon?

The Southern Pooch, Thomaston, Georgia
The dog's name is Flash and he belongs to the owner of The Southern Pooch

The Southern Pooch, Thomaston, Georgia
So much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...