Monday, May 12, 2014

Commissioned Project - Peaceful River

Last month I was commissioned to paint a mural for a nearby church. The folks in charge wanted a nice river scene above their baptismal tub but didn't want the permanence of a wall-painted mural. After some time thinking about it, I decided to paint the mural using four large canvases. They're thin and light-weight and could be attached to the wall using Command Picture Hanging Strips. Perfectly impermanent, if I do say so myself!

In Progress - River Painting
A few shots of the piece in progress. 

And the final product:
Final - River Painting
The client was kind enough to send me photos after it was installed. I think it looks great and adds a nice pop of color behind the baptismal tub. 


I'm always open to new projects, murals, and other large paintings. Leave a comment if you'd like more info!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...