Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Around the Studio

I promise every entry won't start with, "Wow I've been soooo busy, too busy to blog!" With that said...MAN, have I been too busy to blog. I'm working on figuring out some sort of routine: one that balances house chores, family dinners, laundry, studio work, blogging, the tattoo shop, soccer games, time with the hubby, time with the babygirl, and the arts council.

Who am I kidding? There's no balancing all of that. I just have to accept it, and keep my schedule open to changes. If I can't get into the studio one morning, then I just have to make it up some other time. All I know, for sure, is that Sundays are for resting, and ignoring all phone calls.

Things will get easier, I am sure of it.

Have I mentioned that I turned THIRTY on March 10th? THIRRRRRTY! I'm so excited about this age. Someone once told me that your 20s are for learning, and your 30s are for applying all those lessons you learned in the past 10 years. You guys, I still don't feel like an "adult" and I don't feel like I totally know what I'm doing, but I'm doing it. I'm working hard, and not making a lot of money, but I'm making enough. The best part? I'm making money on my own terms with my own talents. I am so incredibly fortunate.

I also bought a new car. I haven't had a car payment since 2004, and my Neon has been falling apart slowly, so it was about time for me to commit to another vehicle. What better than a new car loan to make you hunch down and start working your butt off, right?

Hello 30s! Let's get to work, shall we?

Here are some photos from around the gallery:

Around the Studio
I'm working on a portrait of Audrey Hepburn. So far she's looking like Natalie Portman. I like to work on portraits in between projects. They keep my hand moving and my brain working.

Around the Studio
I showed bits of this sign in this entry. I moved it from my basement to my studio over the weekend and OF COURSE, I scraped some of the paint off. This was a super-challenging project and I'm glad to see it finished. Now all it needs is to be hung above my tattoo buddy's shop. I'll make sure to post pictures of that!


Around the Studio
My dad came down for a visit on Saturday. My landlord was impressed with my dad's work around the studio that he hired him to do more work on the front of the building. I hung out with him the entire day, mostly just talking and holding the ladder but it was so much fun. My dad's quite the maker, and he brought some things to put in my gallery, in hopes of making a little bit of extra cash. I think this little trunk is so neat!

Around the Studio
I posted more photos on my Facebook page, so make sure to check them out. If you're local and want to purchase one of my dad's pieces, just shoot me a message! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...