Wednesday, July 13, 2011

On My Desk Wednesday

On My Desk Wednesday

Oh man, where does the time go? Summer vacation is officially over for me and I've been trying my best to get back into the mood to work for at least a week. I spent two days on the Georgia coast, then headed to Michigan to spend a week with family. I returned to work the day after getting home so I've barely had any time to rest and relax my mind. This travel stuff is rough! But I won't complain too much, I'm so fortunate to be able to visit my family as often as I can. Even more fortunate to fly, which takes about 14 hours off one-way travel time.

Last night I made myself paint something, just anything, to get my hands dirty. So here you go, a wee little sock monkey. I had fun playing with textures and staying up late making sure everything looked good. It feels great to get back to work, and I'm hoping to knock a few more paintings out over the next few days. 

1 comment:

  1. It is hard to get back into the swing of things after traveling. I love the monkey. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...