Thursday, September 09, 2010

Late Night Screenprinting - NaBloPoMo Day Nine

Earlier this year I was asked to sit in during a meeting of the SlowExposures crew. Next thing I know I'm being assigned tasks, and look at me now: I'm up late, blogging about screenprinting the logo on twenty canvas bags.

My job is to get together "goody bags" for the judges and other fancy folks helping out with the photography exhibit. I could've just stuck everything in a simple school folder but I had a grand idea one day last week...how about I made exclusive SE bags for all our guests? And screenprint each of them myself! Yeah! I don't have anything else to do (sarcasm), let's add another thing to my to-do list.

In all honesty, I just needed an excuse and a project for my newly acquired screenprinting kit. I LOVE having projects and goals and challenges and I really enjoyed myself while I pulled ink through the screen. It was definitely a learning experience (use more ink! Buy extra everything! Don't let the dog walk on wet ink!) and I found myself thinking that maybe I'm more of a printmaker than a painter. I love the possibilities with making multiple copies of a piece. I love pulling away the paper or the screen to see a neat and orderly print. It's magic, I tell you. Magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...