Monday, June 21, 2010

Big Ol' Tree Mural, Competed!

I think I work best when I'm given a simple idea and the creative freedom to do what I want. The client knew she wanted a big tree and had X amount of money, and I worked within her budget to give her a pretty scene to share with her preschool students. It's a bit of a win-win situation: she wants a mural & I've been wanting to paint a mural for months now. The last big mural I did was back in high school, ten years ago! (I've painted sets for a few plays over the years, so I guess those could count as murals, right? They just aren't as permanent as wall murals.)

Anyway, enough jabbering! On to the photos:

Tree Detail
Pond Detail
The Other Side
Completed!


Check out the whole Flickr set here.

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is lovely! It looks like a lot of fun. I love the bright colors and overall cheerfulness--I wish my preschool had a mural like this when I was young!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...