Sunday, February 21, 2010

Today Was a Good Day

It's been a long day, but it's been really nice. I woke up early, ran some errands, played with my dog, then opened the tattoo shop. I practiced tattoo lines on a grapefruit, watched several tattoos go down, went home to check my mail (waiting on tattoo supplies!) and got the early birthday present that I ordered for myself. Back at the shop we ordered Chinese take-out (nom nom nom) then I got a text from a friend that let me know she was offering her skin for practice.

I've been wanting to do a traditional Sailor Jerry tattoo so I showed her a swallow image that I liked. She was totally down and trusted me with whatever I wanted to do. I took my time and made sure I was happy with every single line. Having the freedom to do whatever I wanted helped make this the best tattoo I've ever done!

It's on the back of her shoulder and is probably about 4 inches wide. We're both happy with the way it turned out and I can't wait to see it healed. I definitely took my time with it. This little bird took about an hour and a half to do. A well-seasoned artist probably could've knocked it out in about thirty minutes.
Tonight I'm satisfied with my tattooing progress. Two thumbs up!

Also, I'm excited to flip through my early birthday present:

Ryan Adams, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...