Wednesday, May 06, 2009

A Weekend Away

This past weekend I had the amazing pleasure of flying up to Michigan to be with my family. I had enough Airtran points to upgrade to a first class seat both ways and was in awe of the larger seats and more foot-room. And free drinks and snacks??? Forget about it, I was grinning from ear to ear the entire way up.
My cousin is joining the Air Force and everyone got together to have a "See-you-later" party. I flew up on Friday afternoon and came back home exhausted early Monday morning. The weekend went by too fast even though I got the least amount of sleep possible. I always feel like it's a marathon visitation; and I try to spend all my time with relatives.
I know I'm biased, but I really do have an extraordinary family. I learn something new about my past every time I go. I also have an extraordinary family here in Georgia too. My husband supports my many travels and doesn't hold me back at all.
The DeRosia family sent our Johnny off with a bang. I mean, how many of your aunts and uncles will do a keg stand at your going away party?
We are all sad to see him go but we're excited about his future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...