Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Whatcha Been Up To Lately?

Last week was mighty busy, my friends, and I'm currently recovering from it. Today I took a long nap after dropping the kiddo off at school. I hate taking naps because it makes me feel so lazy and useless but today I needed it.

Look! See there's a bird on my finger. I'm slowly gaining his trust. Unfortunately I must've made him mad since he wants to bite my finger again. One step forward and two steps back, right?

I had an interview with the library last Wednesday and I think I did really well. I haven't had a job interview in over 9 years and I was really nervous. The library has an opening for a part-time circulation clerk and I really, really totally want the job. I think it'd be so cool to work at the library. Sadly, they want me to work everyday, including Fridays and that's the only day I work at the Arts Council. I can not stop working there. The Council is my thing, y'know, and I can't give it up. It's very important to me and even a part of my identity. So I don't know if the folks in charge at the library will see the the light (my very awesome light) and change the schedule around so I'm not needed on Fridays. I should hear from them before the end of the month.

I've got my fingers crossed but I can't be too hopeful. With the economy the way it is now, I'm sure they got over 50 applications for this part-time job.

That's just the way it is sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...