Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Anyway, I hung out with family and friends, watched a movie or two, played Guitar Hero, and just enjoyed getting away from normal life. I came back home feeling tired but at the same time, recharged.
I sold a painting from my Etsy shop while I was gone. That was a neat surprise. I really need to start working on some new art soon but with this cold weather and cloudy skies almost everyday I feel so blah...so uninspired. I spent most of today under a blanket on the couch with a nice book and a warm cup of tea. I have two more books waiting for me at the library. I'd like to spend the rest of January reading and drinking tea. I'd like to just keep warm.
But I can't. Tomorrow will be spent painting the bathrooms in the new house. At least I hope I get to paint the bathroom. There's lots of prepwork to be done and I hope that goes by quickly.
Monday, January 15, 2007
Anyway, I'm sure things will get more interesting around spring-time. I usually spend winters wrapped up in blankets and drinking tea and watching HGTV.
Here's some blogs I subscribe to:
- Inside a Black Apple
- 3191: A Year of Mornings
- A Bird in the Hand
- Curious Bird
- Go Fug Yourself
- Green Kitchen
- Not Martha
- Oh Joy!
- On My Desk
- Keri Smith's Wish Jar
- Art Indulgence
Coming soon: Posts with art studio photos, new house photos and pictures of art by me! Yes! This will become more interesting before spring time.
My daughter has been watching The Little Mermaid every evening before bed. It's one of my favorite movies and it still brings tears to my eyes. My goodness, I spent lots of time wishing to be a mermaid when I was younger. Ah, who am I kidding? I still wish to be a mermaid sometimes.
Monday, January 01, 2007
This year I want to:
- Attend as many music shows as possible.
- Visit friends and family in these states: Alabama, Tennessee, Michigan
- Visit these places in Georgia: Warms Springs, Providence Canyon State Park, Stone Mountain Park, The Georgia Aquarium, Ren Fest, Savannah, a haunted house, the High Museum, Fernbank, Helen.
- Host craft/art nights.
- Lose weight. Exercise. Be more healthy.
- Buy a new digital camera.
- Keep a journal. Write a lot.
- Read 40 books.
- Buy a bike.
- Be more fashionable. (A.K.A. cut down on the whole "I just rolled out of bed" look.)
- Have a kick-ass 25th birthday party.
- Keep a public blog on my site. :)