Saturday, August 04, 2007

Two for Three, Now

Drought, Cornfield

When we took a roadtrip to Alabama I had a deadline looming over my head. I wanted to enter a nearby photography show but had no good photos to enter; the deadline was the day after we planned on coming home. The theme of the show is "Photos of the Rural South" and I figure, hell, I'm going to Alabama, what's more "Rural South" than Alabama?

One afternoon we pile in the car and Amber leads us to one of the oldest towns in Alabama and a large cornfield. I take the photo above and proclaim, "I think I got my money shot!" I had to get on my hands and knees to get this perspective and I'm glad I did. I caught word the other day that I've been juried into the show. I got the official letter yesterday. SlowExposures! Here I come!

The letter says: 106 Photographers entered more than 600 photographs for this year's show. The jurors selected 81. So the odds were tough. And I'm a little bit in shock, I really can't believe I got in even though when I mailed off my entry I'm like, yeah, I'm going to totally get in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...