Saturday, May 26, 2007

Busy & Exciting Week!

Dr. Sketchy's - May 21st, 2007


Monday night my friend Sara and I drove to the ATL to attend the first Dr. Sketchy's Anti-Art School at the Sutra Lounge. I'm so glad we went because we had tons of fun!

It only took a little over an hour to get there. Of course I got lost because that's just ATL tradition. But we finally found the place and found our seats in the VIP section. The model & host were so great! Sara and I both won prizes. Sara won an Anais Nin book and I won the
Dr. Sketchy's Official Rainy Day coloring book. We hope to do this again and more often.

Take a gander at the photos in the
LJ community.

Then Tuesday night my husband Daniel and I saw Roger Waters at the Philips Arena in Atlanta. We headed to ATL a little later than we should've. We stopped in Griffin to eat a quick dinner at Arby's. We arrive in ATL a little before 8 p.m. I was worried because the tickets say 8 PM SHARP & I didn't want to miss anything. We drive around & get to the huge venue and struggle to find parking. Daniel says, "Damn, I would pay 20 bucks to park right now." Then we see parking on the corner for 20 bucks. We decide to pull in. It was valet parking so we just hopped out and took off to the Arena.
We didn't miss anything & find our FABULOUS seats on the floor. It was a completely amazing show. I can't say enough about it. Roger played "Wish You Were Here" early in the evening & I ended up crying my eyes out. I called my friend Amber in Alabama & left a voicemail message. I hope she could hear it. I just held the phone up in the air for a few moments. There was an intermission then he came back on stage to play ALL of Dark Side of the Moon. GAWD. So awesome.
I didn't take in my camera for fear of it getting taken away from me. Well, thanks to the wonders of the internets I didn't have to worry about not getting pictures. Everyone else took pictures and video.
Look on
Flickr and YouTube.
Again, such an amazing experience & I'm so glad we got to go.

I have many things to update about. So I don't forget, here's a list:
postcards, June 2007 show, little hamster, bookmooch, photo classes...

I'm spending the weekend out of town so expect another blog entry next week. I've got to get better at public blogging!

Have a great weekend and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...