Wednesday, March 12, 2014

On My Desk Wednesday

Sometimes the artist monkey mind doesn't let me rest until I get a new idea out into the world. Dishes collect in the sink, laundry piles up, but I'm glad I'm able dinner ready on time.

Monday night I thought to myself, "hmm, I wonder if anyone's painted a The Land Before Time tattoo flash sheet." I searched Etsy and other tattoo flash sites and nothing turned up. Plenty of tattoos, but no collection of drawings. So, OF COURSE I had to get to working on it.

The Land Before Time is one of my most cherished animated movies. My brother and I watched it and re-watched it throughout our childhood. We still quote it when we're feeling especially silly. I recently watched it with my daughter and she loved it as well. It's definitely near and dear to my dinosaur-loving heart.

So, without further ado, here's a little sneak peek at some drawings I worked on.




Over the next few days, these will be painted on an 11x14 sheet of watercolor paper. Perhaps my monkey mind will allow me to do some laundry and other household chores in between painting sessions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...