Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Inspiration!

I've signed up for Get Your Paint On: Beyond the Basics E-course and I'm totally stoked! Like I need ANOTHER thing on my plate, but hey, it'll be fun! This week we're all talking about inspiration, where to find it and what to do with it. 

Yesterday I drove up to Atlanta to see the Picasso to Warhol exhibit at the High Museum of Art. They were offering half off the price of admission because it was Picasso's birthday. I've seen the permanent collections many times, so I knew this trip would be short and sweet and I'd be back in time to get the kiddo from school. 

The first thing you see is Picasso's Girl Before a Mirror. Everyone who knows me knows that I am a highly sensitive person and I can cry at the drop of a hat. Well, I have to admit, seeing this amazing Picasso painting brought me to tears. Thank goodness I went alone! The rest of his paintings were equally amazing. Then there was Matisse's Dance (1)! It's huge and magnificent and I'm trying my best not to type in ALL CAPS but seriously...OMG is all I can say. Matisse AND Picasso? Be still, my beating heart! 

The rest of the exhibit was just as beautiful and I couldn't believe I was seeing all this art in real life instead of in books and magazines. I made a pact with myself that I would bring Maz to this exhibit soon. 

I wanted to buy everything in the gift shop but only had a few bucks. So I added some postcards to my lovely collection. I drove home with my artistic soul filled and a smile on my face. I'm SO READY to get my paint on!

Are you as emotional as I am when it comes to art museums?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Fawne! I too am taking part in Get Your Paint On! and I found your blog from the comment you left on facebook. What a great exhibition to visit! How could you not be inspired by such amazing art. Good luck for the course and happy painting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...