Monday, February 28, 2011

Get Your Paint On, Week Three

Get Your Paint On, Week Three Progress

Get Your Paint On, Week Three
6" x 6" acrylic on canvas
This painting started out as something completely different. I painted and painted on Tuesday, then painted over everything on Wednesday. I liked the colors I was working with, just not the image. Then I figured, hey, just keep it simple, paint what you like, and here you go: I like foxes and I like portraits...so, baby fox portrait.

I started out with two layers of dark green. Added a layer of teal, then more dark green, and a layer of off-white. Then painted on the fox, added the dark gray lines, then painted the teal background. Then adding touch-ups here and there, and added more teal with a little hint of dark gray.

I was so excited about this adorable painting, and I couldn't wait to share it. I already see a few small (very small) things I'd like to change, and probably will after this weekend.

I've been wanting to paint animals lately and I'm so glad I finally had the chance to do so!

FYI: Totally late on posting this! I got caught up in the frenzy that is last minute preparation for the annual spring play. I'll get back to regular blog posting this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...