Monday, November 03, 2008

Day Three: NaBloPoMo

Fawne Fact #3: I'm not big on "fancy" jewelery. I'm extremely low-maintenance and I don't ever want a lot of money spent on me.
Above are two of my most cherished rings. The smaller ring is made of sterling silver and hand stamped with a saying our daughter used to say all the time. I call it my "marriage" ring. Daniel and I got eloped (what a funny word!) in 2004 and didn't have a traditional wedding or any rings.
I got the ring four years later, mostly because I was tired of always explaining why I don't care for traditional wedding bands, why I don't wear one, and how I could be married without a ring. I knew I wanted something hand-made and unique so I did a search on Etsy and came across KathrynRiechert.etsy.com. The ring arrived in no time and I fell in love instantly.
The other ring was also custom made for me. I was shopping in Little Five Points in Atlanta and saw man on the street was making rings out of copper wire. I stopped and chatted for a moment and he quickly created this ring for me. He was fascinating and told me that whenever I wanted to see him again then all I had to do was say, "Copper John? Where are you?" This was 9 years ago and every time I go to Little Five I look for him. Sadly, I haven't seen him since.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I would love to know the saying from your daughter that your ring says. I loved what you said about your take on marriage, tradition, rings, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...