Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Because We're Photographers

Tri State Motel

Funny story to go along with this photo. In January, I was visiting Amber, my BFF, in Texarkana and we assumed this place was run down and vacant. So we're out, taking photos, chatting, next thing we know a guy walks out of the hotel office and starts yelling at us. He asks, what are you doing? What are you doing? I say taking pictures and right away he asks, "WHY?" and I'm like ....because we're photographers? and I was trying my best not to sound like a smart ass. Amber starts walking away. He keeps yelling at us and says he's going to sue us and call the cops and I keep trying to reason with him. I even tell him we're going to delete the photos even though I had a film camera. Oh man, I was about to start running if he took another step out the door. We just quickly walk back to the car and drive off. Scary!

I just got 8 rolls of medium format film developed last week and it's neat to go through the photos and try to remember when and where I took them. I've been super busy lately, that's why I've been slack on posting on this blog but things should quiet down next week.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:02 AM

    how weird is it that i love that we aren't the only ones to get accosted by the crazy hotel owner?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...