Wednesday, September 17, 2014

More Suns and Moons!

A few weeks ago I posted about painting suns and moons. Turns out they were a hit and I've decided that I should paint at least FIFTY of them...because y'know, I like having grand goals and working towards them. A few summers ago I tried to paint 50 small watercolors of tattoo flash and made it to maybe 46 or 47 then abandoned the project.

Oh well, we'll see how this new project goes! Here's numbers 7 through 11:

Folk Art Moon

Folk Art Moon

Folk Art Sun

Folk Art Sun

Folk Art Sun

They're all painted with acrylics and sealed with satin Polycrylic. They're fun to paint! I don't plan any of them out, just draw the face then start painting. It's interesting to see how each one turns out and also challenging to make sure no two look alike.

A friend of mine said that each one has their own personality, and she could probably come up with a caption for each of them. So, that makes me wonder, what would are these suns and moons thinking about? Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...