Monday, April 25, 2011

Big Projects, Back to Back

The month of April has flown by, and I haven't had the energy to update at all! Here's what I've been up to:
Red Barn, Halfway Point
Painting a big red barn for the background of my work's Annual Talent Showcase. This year's theme was "The Grand Ole Opry" and I'm sad that I didn't get a chance to see my barn in action. The kiddo came down with strep throat the night of the performance, so we stayed home.

Red Barn, Halfway Point
Here's a photo for context. The background is at least 20 feet wide and 11 feet tall. My thighs we burning for days after all the ladder climbing/moving. Oh man. I'm hoping to track down photos from the performance so I can show off the finished piece. It's already back in storage, so I can't take my own photos.

Nunsense Background
Next up, the background for my work's next play, Nunsense. We did Nunsense two years ago and we're bringing it back for an encore performance.

Nunsense Background
I painted the set last time, remember? I changed up the design a little, but all in all, an easy project. I'm finishing up all the props on Wednesday, fingers crossed. The curtains open on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...