Saturday, September 05, 2009

Goggie Paintings!

I was looking through a tattoo magazine when I spotted an old school tattoo design of a weenie dog. I thought it would be a great idea to draw up a tattoo in the same style but have it look like my new weenie, Dexter. I spent a good amount of time trying to get the feet to look right and even studied Dexter's sleepy paws while sketching.

Above is the final product. Dexter came down with the sickness last week and spent two days sleeping it off. I sat near his crate and painted all afternoon. I had to keep an eye on him and make sure he was going to be okay.

This week he's back to normal and making a mess out of everything. My heart is relieved.

My BFF Amber mentioned that I should do a painting for her little Lucy and I quickly whipped up this gem. Lucy is a mini-weenie so I made her image smaller and more compact. It's adorable, if I do say so myself. :)

Both with watercolors on 300 1b. watercolor paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...